August 6, 2008

Hi Everyone,



I just got back from our latest ultrasound appointment and, it appears, we've had a bit of a reprieve. Our son has grown to 4 lbs, 10 oz and 17 inches long since his last ultrasound! Although, we learned that he now measures 3.5 weeks behind his gestational age, he does continue to show some growth. At this point, we'll take anything we can get that is positive news! The doctor told us that as long as he continue to show progression, then we can still stay the course and assume he will be born alive for his birthday. Ryan and I just can't wait to meet him! Moving forward, we will start monitoring him and his measurements weekly. If, at any point, he has no growth, then the doctors want to deliver him early.




This is the first day in a long, long time that I've actually felt like my old self and started to feel a little more optimistic about our situation.



The roller coaster ride we've been on since the beginning of July has been very difficult to deal with...but, if my son continues to fight, then I will get off my pity party and be better about staying positive too!

No comments: