August 15, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

I forgot to mention...yesterday, when I was at the hospital, I met with a lovely nurse who headed the bereavement services for the hospital where Christian will be born. She told me of a variety of things they do to help ease the pain of parents whose hearts suffer from having a child who is sick, is dying, or has died. One of the organizations she plugged me into was an organization called, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. It's an organization dedicated to preserving the memory of our beloved children through photography. All of the services and photographs (including a disk of the pictures) are donated by photographers in communities all over the country.

The reason I wanted to share this information is because there have been many families who have contacted me and have shared heartbreaking stories similar to what Ryan and I are experiencing. The website is: http://www.nilmdts.com/ and it has wonderful information for other parents wanting to capture their precious and fleeting moments with their children like Ry and I are planning to do.


Through our journey with Christian, we have learned that we all here to help each other. You have reached out to me and helped my family tremendously through prayer and friendship. I hope to be able to reach out to others too and pay your kindness forward.

Love to all,

Leah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Leah and Ryan,

Your blog is amazing, a real show of strength and love from you both as parents to Christian. My thoughts are with you both, may every day be precious

With love Danielle x

t~ said...

I love the organization and I cried just watching the slide show of photos. Such a sweet way to remember and honor.

Mandy said...

I found your blog through the Stanfield blog and wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for your baby's life. I lost my Madeline to T18 last June so I know how you must be feeling. There is just so much uncertainty and each day you have is so precious, even during the pregnancy. I would love to talk with you if you need or want to. You can visit my blog (that I do not update like I use to) but if you go back, you can read about our journey. It is www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com and we also set up a foundation in our daughter's memory. Visit it at www.madelinegracefoundation.com
You can email me directly at bm4boys@yahoo.com

Thinking of you and yours,
Mandy H.

Cathy said...

Leah and Ryan, Just wanted to say you are in our prayers. I am so glad that the ultrasound today was better. You will be in our thoughts especially this week. Go Christian. Cathy & Ananbel

Kenzie said...

Leah-

NILMDTS was one of the GREATEST blessings to our journey! Our sweet photographer was amazing and she captured moments that we could never recreate! Their ministry to families like ours is phenomenal and I would recommend them to ANYONE! I'm so glad you found out about them... I'm so sorry I haven't mentioned anything sooner... I guess I just assumed someone probably told you.

Each picture that we use, that we have framed up in our house, that we keep in our albums are the the ones from NILMDTS. I know your time with Christian will be amazing and I am so thankful that all of those sweet moments will be captured by someone of their standards!

Continuing to pray for you & Ryan (& your family) as you await your little guy!

Love lots,
Kenzie